Pages

Monday 11 March 2019

The Desert Kaupoi

A few days ago we read a journal about a war that happened in 1914. The journal was called The Desert Kaupoi.
Related image
I think this story is based on a man named Tony, who fought at war. Tony had joined the army for the first time. Before Tony became part of the army       
he was in a Maori Waiata choir. Tony's first mission was to locate the enemy's position. This information was sent to those who are in charge so that they 
could plan where and when to attack. 

On September 1942, two of Tony's men were hit by the enemy's first machine gun fire of the day. Tony was hit by a machine gun it was so powerful it 
knocked him over and also brew off Tony's left arm. In his fury he threw his arm at the machine gun post.  

I think they made a journal about Tony's story of him being at war because his family wanted others to know how brave he was to risk his life by going to war for New Zealand. 

Something I learnt from reading this journal was...He was a strong man who took part in the army for New Zealand and that he was very a very brave man.  



1 comment:

  1. Hi Arizona, I'm Miro from Awahono school. I like your review of the book because you tell me main things that happen with enough detail I understand but not so much that it will completely spoil the book when (if) I read it. Maybe you could tell us which war he fought in.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.