Pages

Monday 25 February 2019

Kia Manawanui - Team building activities

Kia Manawanui - Team building activities

Last week the Kia Manawanui syndicate had a team building week. We did so many fun activities such as...Going to the YMCA pools, zumba, playing outside and many more other actives. 

Earlier on last week we had a attitude program going on. We were talking about friends ships. We talked about how you can make friends, how to be a good friend and how to lose friends which isn't a good idea. 





Straight after we finished technology we went to the YMCA pools. We did many fun activities that involved team work. It was fun getting into groups and competing with other groups. I enjoyed going to the pools because I got to make positive relationships with my peers and have a good time with my friends. 





When we got back to school it was around 3:00pm so we waited then everyone went home. When people started arriving we all just started playing games. I had heaps of fun playing rugby and touch with my peers because I like being active and playing sports is one of my hobbies. 

When everyone arrived we had to go inside, Miss Aireen told us how the day was planned. After a while we were put back into the groups we were in for the pools and had to come up with a group name, chant and role play that had to involve a speech we were given to add into our role play. 




After that we had a break so the adults could get the dinner prepared. I played rugby and touch with my peers. 

We were all called to come inside so we can have something to eat. We sang "Happy Birthday" to Raymond's dad because it was his birthday on that day. There was so much food and all of it look delicious. I only ate chicken and chips, and got me a drink of the juice. When everyone finished eating we packed up and had a dance off. 




On friday morning we did zumba, we danced to a few songs. I had fun because I was dancing with my friends. 





What did you enjoy? 
I enjoyed everything but I mostly enjoy playing sports outside because I got to communicate with others and it was very fun hanging out with my friends. 

What did you learn?
I learnt that I can make positive friendships with others and I learnt that it is good to hang out with people you don't usually hang out with because your showing the value of whanaungatanga - building positive relationships. 

What do you need to work on?
Something I think I need to work on is participating in group discussions. 


I hope you have enjoyed reading my work!

  




  



  
                                                                                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.