Pages

Wednesday 25 July 2018

Natural Disasters - Earthquakes

The Kia Manawanui Syndicate is going to be focusing on Natural Disasters for Inquire.  
Today I will be talking about Earthquakes.

A natural disaster is a very harmful event. If you are not sure what a natural disaster is here are some examples: Tornados, Earthquakes, Landslides, Tsunamis etc and all of those natural disasters can damage heaps of houses, cars, roads, school and many more. 

Earthquakes are usually caused when rocks that are underground break along a crack. When two blocks of rock or two plates are rubbing against each other, they push against each other and the shaking is what causes a Earthquake to happen.

Earthquakes usually happen in countries that have a lot of oceans. Earthquakes can kill people, put people in hospital and do lots of damage to people's belongings such as cars, homes, schools, roads etc.

I  hope you have learnt something from my work, please feel free to comment. :) If you know anything about Earthquakes that I didn't put in my work please feel free to tell me in the comments.    


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.